Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
A Taste of Italy: Italian Street Food!
In this hands on cooking class you will prepare 4 delicious Italian street food recipes that are perfect for your next aperitivo or dinner party:
- Arancini di Riso (risotto balls) - originating from Sicily you will find these in every bar
- Cannoli Salati - you will make fresh pasta dough and the filling - this is an original (savoury) variation of the traditional Cannoli Siciliani which is a fried pasta
- Piadina Romagnola - Italian flat bread originating from Matteo's home region of Romagna, which will be served as it is in Italy with fresh cheese and salad leaves (both locally sourced) and prosciutto di Parma
- Crocchette di Patate - a classic recipe from Napoli that can easily be adapted to seasonal availability of produce
Matteo’s philosophy is to teach recipes that can be easily replicated at home so you can replicate these wonderful dishes for your friends and family. Whether you are a beginner or confident in the kitchen, Matteo keeps calendar class sizes to small intimate groups so he can ensure you get the most out of the class.
After the class you will be seated in the Enoteca and dine on the wonderful dishes you have just prepared with a glass of European wine and Illy coffee.
You don’t need to bring anything just wear comfy clothes.
If you would like to invite a friend to join you for the Italian Long Lunch at midday after the Taste of Italy class please advise at the time of booking, the cost is $85 per person and includes the 4 course lunch, a glass of wine and coffee.
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
- How to make 4 classic Italian street food recipes
- About the beautiful local & seasonal produce from the Barossa Valley
- Lots of handy extra tips for the kitchen
- Coffee on arrival
- 4 course lunch, glass of European wine & Illy coffee
- Recipe booklet to take home
- Plenty of time to ask questions
- A true Italian cultural experience
- A big appetite!
le regole di casa nostra...
School Rules, Return & Exchange Policy
There is a no refund policy for any reason. However, class exchanges will be made with at least 14 dayss notice prior to the class date. Casa Carboni reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes. In the event a class is cancelled, all students will be notified and full refunds given. If a class is cancelled you may also choose to exchange to another class.
Gift Certificates can be purchased via the website, in person or via telephone/email for any amount and can be redeemed at Casa Carboni or by calling 0415 157 669 or emailing Fiona@casacarboni.com.au
Gift Certificates are valid 12 months from the date of purchase and are not redeemable for cash.
Culinary activities such as Cooking Classes at Casa Carboni have inherent risks, dangers and hazards and participation in such classes and events may result in injury or illness. Casa Carboni, and each of it’s present owners, agents and employees are not liable for damage, losses or personal injury resulting from participation in Casa Carboni Cooking Classes or events.
For safety reasons we discourage guests wearing high heeled shoes and guests must wear closed in shoes during all cooking classes.
Photography & Filming
Cooking school guests are welcome to take still photographs during their cooking class or cooking demonstration and afterwards in the enoteca. The filming of cooking classes in the kitchen and afterwards in the enoteca is not authorised, unless written permission is given. If a commercial photographer or film crew is present during a cooking class, guests will be asked to sign a release form and have the right to not be included in the photographs or filming.
It is appreciated if non cooking school guests ask permission prior to taking photographs of the interior of Casa Carboni. It is not permitted for non cooking school guests to take photographs of cooking school guests while a class is in progress.